MoSe2 (2H Molybdenum Diselenide)
MoSe2 (2H phase) is a semiconductor having an indirect band gap of ~1.1 eV. The layers are stacked together via van der Waals interactions and can be exfoliated into thin 2D layers. MoSe2 belongs to the group-VI transition metal dichalcogenides (TMDC).
To buy MoSe2 crystals please click here.
The 2H phase Molybdenum Diselenide crystals produced at HQ Graphene have a typical lateral size of ~0.8-1 cm, are hexagonal shaped and have a metallic appearance. We produce both p-type and n-type MoSe2, having a typical charge carrier density of ~1015cm-3 at room temperature. A selection of peer review publications on the MoSe2 we sell can be found below.
|Crystal size||~10 mm|
|Electrical properties||Semiconductor, p-type (n-type is also available)|
|Unit cell parameters||a = b = 0.329 nm, c = 1.289 nm, α = β = 90°, γ = 120°|
|Characterized by||XRD, Raman, EDX, Hall measurement|
|More information?||Please contact us by email or phone|
The single crystal MoSe2 is characterized using:XRD: single crystal and powder X-ray diffraction (D8 Venture Bruker and D8 Advance Bruker)
EDX: Energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy for stoichiometric analysis
Raman: 785 nm Raman system
Hall measurement: Extraction of charge carrier density and doping in the Van der Pauw geometry.
Raman, XRD and EDX on MoSe2:
Click on an image to zoom
HQ Graphene Wiki on:
2H-MoSe2 (2H phase Molybdenum Diselenide)
1. Weigao Xu et al., "Correlated fluorescence blinking in two-dimensional semiconductor heterostructures", Nature 541, 62-67 (2017), link to article:
2. Tomasz Jakubczyk et al., "Correlated fluorescence blinking in two-dimensional semiconductor heterostructures", Nano Lett., 2016, 16 (9), pp 5333-5339, link to article:
3. Beom Seo Kim et al., "Radiatively Limited Dephasing and Exciton Dynamics in MoSe2 Monolayers Revealed with Four-Wave Mixing Microscopy", Nature/Scientific Reports 6, Article number: 36389 (2016), link to article:
4. Kangwon Kim et al., "Davydov Splitting and Excitonic Resonance Effects in Raman Spectra of Few-Layer MoSe2", ACS Nano 10, 8113-8120 (2016), link to article:
5. S. Dufferwiel et al. "Exciton-polaritons in van der Waals heterostructures embedded in tunable microcavities", Nature Communications 6, 8579 (2015), link to article: